07 October 2022 at 08:00AM
AITP | Chief Technology Officers -- Implications of Emerging Technologies and Practices
Date: Thursday, October 27, 2022
TIME: 5:30 PM to 6:00 PM Networking 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Presentations, Panel Discussion, Q&A
PLACE: Virtual via ZOOM wherever your connection is good.
SPEAKERS: Panel Discussion
- Francesco Fabbrocino, CTO of QuickFee
- Patrick Gardner, CPO of Flashpoint
- John Shaw, Sr Vice President and CTO of SAGE Publishing
- Tony Karrer, Founder & CEO of TechEmpower, Founder & CTO of Aggregage
Cost: FREE for all with Advance Registration
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
CTOs on Emerging Technologies and Digital Transformation
Since 2010, we’ve been hosting CTO panels that focus on emerging practices and technologies having transformative and disruptive impacts. We cover what has changed for CTOs over the recent 2-3 years and implications of these changes going forward. This is one of the most-anticipated and well-attended events of the year, and this year will be no exception. We'll hear seasoned executives discussing trends which include:
- Digital Transformation – As organizations increasingly leverage technology, as CTOs we have had to shift our approach to working across the business.
- Security, Privacy and Compliance and Cloud Services – Security, Privacy and Compliance are an ever-increasing and evolving challenge for CTOs. We’ll discuss the changing regulatory and risk environment, as well as how we are working with cloud services from AWS, Google, Azure and others to address this.
- Talent – Good tech talent across the globe has become increasingly challenging to source, incent, retain. We will discuss hiring and retaining talent, effective remote leadership, compensation and more.
- Data Explosion – Our organizations are collecting data from many first- and third-party sources which form amazingly rich datasets. This brings with it lots of opportunities to explore across the business and many new challenges for technology organizations.
This will be a fantastic conversation with many practical takeaways. Join us for insights on technologies which are forming a foundation for transformation of your business landscape
ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS
Francesco Fabbrocino, CTO of QuickFee
Francesco Fabbrocino has well over 20 years of leadership and development experience working on cutting-edge financial and digital media technologies, including a P2P CDN acquired by Akamai Technologies, an entertainment media content management, research, and syndication service acquired by the New York Times, rebuilding one of the largest Big Data technology platforms in Southern California at OpenX, and most recently at QuickFee, building from scratch, a multi-national and multi-currency payment service incorporating ACH/EFT, credit/debit cards, finance, and “Buy Now, Pay Later” payment options handling well over $1B in annualized volume. Francesco has been published numerous times, including multiple patents, and holds a Bachelor of Science degree from USC and a Master of Science degree from UCLA, both in Computer Science.
Patrick Gardner, CPO of Flashpoint
Patrick is a security and infrastructure veteran with over 25 years’ experience building consumer and enterprise security products including endpoint, email, data center, IOT, EDR/XDR, and cloud products. Patrick spent over 20 years at Symantec and played several roles during his time there ranging from software engineer to SVP of product and engineering. Patrick also actively coaches many early-stage startups and also spent 2.5 years as CTO of Time by Ping, a B series startup using ML to automating timekeeping for professionals. Currently Patrick is Chief Product officer at Flashpoint where he is responsible for the product and engineering organization building Flashpoint’s threat intelligence offerings. Patrick holds a BS in Computer Engineering from UCLA.
John Shaw, Sr Vice President and CTO of SAGE Publishing
John is a 25-year veteran in the publishing and publishing technology industry including a long tenure at SAGE, a leading independent, academic, and professional publisher of innovative, high-quality content. John is responsible for SAGE's engineering, technology product management, and global publishing technology program. John has a proven track record in recruiting and managing high-performing global teams, including an international staff and external development partners. John is actively involved in the industry, frequently speaking at key academic publishing events, including ALPSP, NISO, PSP, SSP, and STM. He has previously served as a board and executive committee member for both the Society of Scholarly Publishing and CrossRef and is a current member of the STM Future Labs group.
|Tony Karrer, Moderator. Founder & CEO of TechEmpower, Founder & CTO of Aggregage
Tony Karrer is a founder and consulting CTO at TechEmpower, a leading web/mobile/software development company, and founder/CTO of Aggregage, a fast-growing B2B media startup. Tony has worked with numerous startups as a part-time CTO including as the acting CTO for eHarmony for its first four years. In addition to working with startups, Tony has consulted on technology implementations for large companies including Credit Suisse, Citibank, Lexus, Universal Music, IBM and HP. Tony is very active in the Los Angeles technology and startup ecosystem running the LA CTO Forum, the largest CTO group in the US.