Programs Evening Meeting | Improve Project Success – it Takes Embracing Risk Management!
This session's primary learning objectives are:
- Knowing how to properly Plan, Identity, Assess, Respond, and Control individual task risks
- Being able to apply standard Risk Management tools – Risk Registers, Matrices, and Burn-down charts
- Gaining insight into the inherent connection between Project Risks and “The Cost of Change.”
- Understanding the processes for determining Overall Project Risk from task-level risks
- Acquiring an appreciation for the value of overall project risk assessments
- Understanding how modelling and simulation can improve project success
- Developing insights and expertise for effectively balancing and rebalancing project plans in accordance with risk tolerance guidelines.
Michael M. Bissonette (MS, MBA, PfMP) is a highly successful engineer-turned-businessman and is considered both a thought-leader and subject matter expert in Portfolio, Program, and Project Management within several diverse industries (Aerospace and Defense, Consumer Electronics, Clean Tech, Industrial Equipment, and SaaS [Software as a Services]). His work experience spans over 40 years of product development and organizational management, including executive positions in large Fortune 500 companies.
Michael is the author of two books. His first book, “Project Risk Management: A Practical Implementation Approach” was published by PMI in 2016. His second book is on the subject of “Strategic Project Management” and was published in 2021. He is an adjunct instructor at Clarkson University where he teaches “Strategic Project Management” in a MS in Engineering Management curriculum.
Mike is an entrepreneur (Founder of RTConfidence, Inc. – developer of Chrono™, the most advanced and affordable integrated IMS (Integrated Master Schedule)/SRA (Schedule Risk Analysis)/ESM (Earned Schedule Management) SaaS Tool on the market. He is also a PMI chapter board member for the Orange County, CA chapter. Mike has spoken at many events (domestic and international), is a volunteer in probation at juvenile detention facilities, is an avid sports enthusiast, and enjoys oil painting.
- 5:30 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. PST Welcome, Networking
- 5:45 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. PST Presentation and Q&A
1 PDU will be awarded to the attendees. No further action is required
You will be emailed a zoom link after completing the registration. The subject of the email will be: “Invoice for Your Purchase on PMI-LA”. Please save the zoom link and use it to login on the event day.
Questions, Suggestions, Volunteer Inquiries
Contact at email@example.com
Upon participating in any PMI event, you are agreeing to allow PMI to use your likeness for use in its promotional material including their websites.
Postponement / Cancellation
Please refer to the Cancellation Policy section of the FAQ page
This event may be canceled or postponed by the Chapter, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
It is no longer possible to register for this event