PROGRAMS | Multi-Chapter Meeting I Becoming a Mindful Leader
Mindful Leadership is leading from a state of presence and then creating a culture of presence amongst your team or organization.
In this presentation, you will learn the 5 core competencies of mindful leadership. Then how to implement each of these into your lives and leadership styles to make you a more impactful leader.
This interactive speech will allow you to look at leadership from a different lens. There will be a variety of questions to spark your thinking and you will walk away with actionable ideas that you can immediately put to use.
- Have a better understanding of what mindful leadership is and how you can use it to make you a more effective leader.
- Learn to manage your emotions, especially in challenging situations.
- Being able to use mindfulness to improve your relationships.
- Develop new habits to increase your level of awareness and focus.
Speaker: Matt Alfonso
Matt Alfonso is an Executive & Leadership Coach and is the Founder of Culture Through Leadership. He works with executives and managers to help them build cultures that people want to be a part of.
Matt started his career as a Physical Education teacher in Arlington, VA. He then taught overseas for four years in Paraguay and China. Upon returning to the U.S., he coached college basketball at Bard College for 5 years.
Initially, Matt started his coaching business as a Mindfulness Coach. He subsequently transitioned into Executive & Leadership Coaching. He combines the leadership lessons that he learned through coaching sports with the knowledge that he has gained from practicing mindfulness and meditation to provide an impactful experience for his audience.
- 6:00 PM - 6:10 PM PDT - Registration and Announcements
- 6:10 PM - 7:00 PM PDT - Presentation and Q&A
1 PDU will be awarded to the attendees
- 1.0 PDU - Ways of Working
- No further action is required.
- $5 for PMI-LA Members
- $10 for Non-Members
Students & Military:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your school or military ID number to receive a code for special pricing
Questions, Suggestions, Volunteer Inquiries
Contact VP of Programs at email@example.com
Upon participating in any PMI event, you are agreeing to allow PMI to use your likeness for use in its promotional material including their websites.
Postponement / Cancellation
Please refer to the Cancellation Policy section of the FAQ page
This event may be canceled or postponed by the Chapter, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
It is no longer possible to register for this event