Career Development | Mentoring Kick-off Fall Session (PMI-LA Chapter Members Only)
Benefits of Mentorship
Both Mentors and Mentees will have the opportunity to learn new things! Grow your network while making lasting friendships with fellow Project Managers!
- Increase your skills and knowledge
- Develop a new network partner
- Increase potential for career mobility and promotion
- A supportive environment - successes and failures can be evaluated in a non-confrontational manner
- A greater appreciation of the complexities of decision-making within the organizational framework
- An opportunity to share your knowledge, skills, and experience
- A chance to discover and work with talent of the future
- Make a difference to someone else, and take pride in the mentee’s achievements
- Learn new ways to develop others
- Earn PDU’s
- Mentor Program – 3 formats, FAQS
- 3 New Group Mentorship Tracks for 2023 (1 Mentor, 2-3 Mentees per group)
- PM Career Track - For people interested in finding out more about the project management profession
- PMP Exam Track - For people interested in taking the exam (sharing of tips for preparation, applications, etc)
- Leadership Track - For current project managers interested in developing their leadership skills further (resource management, soft skill advice)
- Kickoff - 9/18/23
- Start Date- 9/25/23
- End Date- 11/20/23
5 meetings total for the Fall session (1 in September, 2 in October, 2 in November)
Mentee and Mentor role & expectations
- Benefits (PDUs)
- Next steps
Mentorship Program Details
- It is FREE for LA Chapter members!
- See our website for more info & FAQs-https://www.pmi-la.org/mentoring-program
Upon participating in any PMI event, you are agreeing to allow PMI to use your likeness for use in its promotional material including their websites.
Postponement / Cancellation
Please refer to the Cancellation Policy section of the FAQ page
This event may be canceled or postponed by the Chapter, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
It is no longer possible to register for this event