INDUSTRY NETWORKING | Health Care and Technology
PMI Los Angeles Chapter invites you to join us for an in-person Industry Networking Event. This in-person event is a chance to meet anyone who is working or currrecntly interested in the health care, technology, and associated industries. Please register in advance in order to meet PMI-LA Chapter members and other professionals who are passionate about the topic. This is a great networking opportunity to meet new and existing members, share industry insights, engage in focused conversations, build strong connections, and even recruit or land a new job in health care and technology.
In addition to meeting other new members and/or members who are currently or interested in working in the health care and technology fields, attendees will:
- Learn project management trends specific to the health care and technology industries
- Understand the various project management roles specific to health care technology industries
- Identify skills that are specific to working in the heath care and technology industries
- New PMI-LA Chapter members who recently joined as of January 1, 2023 - reach out to email@example.com for a new member discount code!
- Project Managers and Business Analysts who are currently in the healthcare, technology, and healthcare technology industries
- Project Managers and Business Analysts who are interested in getting into the health care, technology, and healthcare technology industries
- Students interested in healthcare & Technology, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code!
- All are always welcomed
Speaker: David C. Doan
David Doan, PhD, MBA, RN, BCMAS, PMC-II, PMP, CSM, CSPO is a Management Consulting Senior Manager in Accenture North America Health Care Innovation Practice and is based in Los Angeles. He is an effective, servant leader with over 25 years in the healthcare industry including project management, scrum, and agile methodology. Taking a data-driven consulting approach, he is adept at transforming strategy into execution and can quickly identify and prioritize complex business issues and deliver customer-centered, value-based, equitable, measurable, innovative, scalable, and transformative solutions to healthcare business owners and influencers. Creating trust-based relationships is one of the best parts of his job in any role.
Mr. Doan holds the following degrees: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Master of Science in Health Services Administration, Master of Business Administration, and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Health Services. He holds the following certifications: a Pragmatic Marketing Certified in product management and marketing through Pragmatic Marketing, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification through Project Management Institute (PMI), Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certifications through Scrum Alliance, and Board Certified Medical Affairs Specialist (BCMAS) through Accreditation Council for Medical Affairs (ACMA).
- 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Check in
- 6:00 PM - Networking with Cash Bar
- 6:15 PM - Buffet served (Networking continues)
- 6:15 PM - 6:30 PM: Chapter Announcements
- 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM: Industries Presentation
- 7:15 PM - 7:45 PM: Networking Activity
- 7:45 PM - 8:30 PM: Networking
- Taco Bar buffet
- Bowl of Mexican salad (baby corn, jicama, cucumber, and tomato) with balsamic vinaigrette
- Protein: grilled chicken and carne asada (beef)
- Cheese enchiladas with red sauce
- Rice and either pinto or black beans
- Flour and corn tortillas
- All condiments: guacamole, sour cream, lime wedges, onion, cilantro, & hot and mild salsas
- Beverages (included): Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite iced tea, water
- Cash Bar: $10 per drink
A total of 1 PDU will be awarded to the attendees, with the following breakdown:
- 1.0 PDU - Power Skills
No further action is required.
EARLY BIRD Pricing for Registrations BEFORE May 2, 2023, 11:59 PM
- $30 for PMI-LA Members
- $40 for Non-Members
- $15 for Students and Military
Registrations AFTER the EARLY BIRD Pricing (starting on May 3, 2023)
- $40 for PMI-LA Members
- $50 for Non-Members
- $25 for Students and Military
Students and Military Personnel:
- Contact email@example.com to request a Promo Code for special pricing if you are a student or miltary personnel.
El Portal Yucatan/Mexican Cuisine
695 E. Green St.
Pasadena, CA 91101
Free parking is available.
Questions, Suggestions, Volunteer Inquiries
Contact Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon participating in any PMI event, you are agreeing to allow PMI to use your likeness for use in its promotional material including their websites.
Postponement / Cancellation
Please refer to the Cancellation Policy section of the FAQ page
This event may be canceled or postponed by the Chapter, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
It is no longer possible to register for this event