Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master - 2 Days
As a team leader you strive to be more agile and help your team be more productive. To succeed, you need an agile mindset, combined with leadership and team management skills. At the same time you need to do so within the context of your organization and its culture.
The new Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM) training and certification provides tools and strategies to help you lead an agile team, influence people, and remove impediments. Using real-world agile strategies, you will learn how to tailor your team’s Way of Working (WoW) to optimize productivity and continuously improve.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be prepared to become DALSM certified.
This workshop is for people who:
- Understand the fundamentals of agile and lean and better yet, have experience applying them in practice
- Are experienced with agile and who want to take their career to the next level
- Attendees earn the designation of Discipline Agilist, with a free first-year membership and full benefits, a $50 US value, to the Disciplined Agile Consortium
- One free attempt of the Disciplined Agile Certification exam when taken within 30 days of the course end date.
- PDUs offered: 14 Technical category
Course Format: Lecture with discussions and workshops
Length of Course: 2 days
What You Will Learn:
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Apply the values, principles, and practices of agile on your team
- Describe how to create the environment within which the flow of value can be achieved
- Determine the steps required to achieve business agility and what it takes to do it in your organization
- Choose the appropriate practices and techniques given your working environment to continuously improve your WoW
- Identify tailored solutions to address common organizational and management needs that still exist even when you are agile
About the Instructor
The instructors have over twenty years of training and consulting experience in the areas of agile software development, facilitating business requirements and Program and project management. They hold DALSM®, CDAP®, CDAI®, PMI-ACP®, PMP®, PMI-PgMP® and PMI-PBA® certifications and have held several PMI® chapter board and Region 7 positions. They also have taught the entire PMI® GAC-approved Masters of Project Management (MPM) at Devry/Keller University.
Facilitated Methods is dedicated in assisting you to continually improve your ability to deliver business value and support the changing needs of your organization. This includes helping you understand various methods, tools and techniques that are available and can be incorporated into your current project delivery methods.
Facilitated Methods is a division of Blash Enterprises, Inc.
Below is the planned agenda. It is subject to change.
Day One: Saturday, August 22, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM - Foundations of Disciplined Agile
- The Disciplined Agile Mindset
- Team Agility
- Value streams
- Disciplined Agile Enterprise (DAE)
- Disciplined Agile IT (DAIT)
- Disciplined DevOps
- Lean Governance
Day Two: Sunday, August 23, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM - Choose Your Way of Working (WoW)
- Getting started
- DA principles and complex adaptive systems (CAS)
- Five steps to choosing your team’s way of working (WoW)
- Scenario 1
- Scenario 2
- Wrap up
This intensive course also includes a comprehensive workbook with tips on how to answer the exam questions and sample exam questions at the end of each chapter. This training and review gives the participant a distinct advantage to answering very difficult questions correctly and increases your probably of passing the exam the first time.
14.0 PDUs in the Technical Category
- $895 for PMI-LA members with the discount code
- If you are a Chapter member, make sure you're logged in, then visit the Members Discounts page to get your Member Exclusive $200 Discount Code
- $1095 for non-members
Upon participating in any PMI event, you are agreeing to allow PMI to use your likeness for use in its promotional material including their websites.
Postponement / Cancellation
Please refer to the Cancellation Policy section of the FAQ page
This event may be canceled or postponed by the Chapter, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.