Counterfeit – increasing Threat and Risk in Supply Chain for Project Managers
Goals (By the end of the presentation, the attendees will be able to):
- Understand what and how counterfeits and fraudulent parts and materials can impact every day operations in business and peoples’ life.
- Understand what are the responsibilities and the obligations of an organization in any part of the supply chain for counterfeits control.
- Discover what are the requirements for counterfeits avoidance and prevention.
- Discover how to mitigate the risk and confront the threat of counterfeits through robust counterfeits control program.
- Participants can use virtual example in their work or daily life who they may encounter with counterfeit items and how that would affect or impact their work or life.
- Participants can practice avoiding or preventing receiving or using a counterfeit or fraudulent item.
About the Speaker
Marylou L. Navidad is a strong leader and hand-on manager with over 20 years of experience blend in aerospace, space, military defense and consumer electronics industries in operation, project, and quality management with a proven track record of successfully leading and completing projects of continuous improvement that achieved efficiency, productivity, and operations excellence. She specializes in management system and operational compliance to customer contractual and regulatory requirements and industrial/international standards such as AS9100/ISO9001; implementing high-profile cross-functions projects resulting in deliverables aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives.
Ms. Navidad is champion for quality compliance and customer satisfactions. She is a senior member of American Society for Quality (ASQ) and a member of PMI. She is a Certified Manager of Quality/Operational Excellence (CMQ/OE®), a Certified Quality Engineer(CQE®), a Certified Quality Auditor(CQA®), a Project Management Professional (PMP®), a NASA-Certified Level B Instructor, and a Certified IPC-CIT®.
Ms. Navidad earned a BS in Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing Technology from Xi’an Jiao-Tong University in China, a MS in Industrial Engineering and Quality Management from Jilin University of Technology in China, and a MBA in dual concentrations of Project & Technology Management and Accounting & Finance Management from Northwestern Polytechnic University in California.
- 09:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Registration Start, Light Breakfast, Networking
- 09:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Presentation and Interaction Session
Location & Parking
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks Galleria
15301 Ventura Blvd, Building D-100
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Parking is only $3 on Saturdays. If you wish to have free parking please follow these directions:
- Enter through the Self-Park Sepulveda Blvd entrance, on Galleria Gateway. Please enter through the far right lane ONLY. There is a sign at that lane that states “DeVry Student/Faculty parking”.
- Pull a parking ticket. Enter the parking structure.
- Drive up to the 5th level (rooftop) which is the DESIGNATED parking area for DeVry University visitors.
- Once on the rooftop, park and scan your ticket at the scanning machine* located on the wall to the left of the Emergency Exit stairwell near the Comerica Building. That machine should stamp your ticket with an “F”.
You may wish to locate the machine and scan your ticket prior to parking
- The rooftop scan is TIME SENSITIVE. You have 15 minutes* from the time you enter the Galleria parking structure at the self-park entrance to scan the ticket you received at entry on the rooftop. Scans completed After 15 minutes are NOT accepted as validated by Galleria parking staff and are subject to posted parking rates.
*Please note: If you do not complete the rooftop scan (Step 4) within 15 minutes, the validation machine in the Admissions/Student Central office will be unable to read your ticket. Without proper validation you will be subject to pay the regular parking rate mentioned above when exiting.
- Visitors should validate their scanned ticket at the DeVry University campus Front Desk.
When validated properly the “F” on your ticket will be covered with an “H"
- The current weekend daily maximum is $3:
-No validation is required for this rate
-No designated parking area; parking is open per general Galleria parking availability -The weekend rate/maximum is in effect Monday-Friday if entering at 4pm or later
*DEVRY UNIVERSITY DOES NOT REIMBURSE GALLERIA PARKING CHARGES*
It is no longer possible to register for this event