FLAGSHIP MEETING | (1) Visual-First Approach to Project Management (2) Embrace Your Power, Own the Outcome
Double the Speakers, Double the PDUs, Double the Fun!
Topic #1: What is a Visual-First Approach to Project Management? | Speaker: James Walker
Every project manager has a variety of tools at their disposal. In today’s turbulent economy, companies have to adapt quickly to mitigate threats and capitalize on business opportunities. There is a direct correlation between speed, accuracy, and agility in decisions and the tools available to help project managers guide their stakeholders to decisions that benefit the company.
- Learn what the visual-first approach to project management is.
- Learn how you can use this approach to help organizations work more efficiently, reduce wasted time and money, while meeting budget and scheduling targets.
This toolkit will help you address stakeholder management issues while providing real-time reporting on projects.
Topic #2: Embrace Your Power, Own the Outcome | Speaker: Yasmine Buenaseda
In celebration of Veterans Day, join us for an inspiring journey of resilience and empowerment as we delve into the remarkable life story of Yasmine Buenaseda, a former U.S Army Special Operations Officer. In this captivating keynote presentation, Yasmine shares her personal odyssey of triumph over adversity, revealing how she transformed setbacks into steppingstones to success. Through the lens of her own experiences, she explores the power of extreme ownership, dismantles victim mentality, and unveils strategies for redefining obstacles. With riveting storytelling, Yasmine ignites a transformative spark, motivating you to shatter limitations, embrace your true potential, and seize control of your destiny. Prepare to embark on a voyage of self-discovery that will leave you empowered and ready to face life’s challenges head-on.
- Challenge Victim Mentality: Recognize the detrimental impact of victim mentality and its role in hindering personal growth and achievement.
- Embrace Extreme Ownership: Internalize the concept of extreme ownership, understanding how taking responsibility for challenges leads to personal empowerment and growth.
- Redefine Obstacles: Shift perspective on setbacks, viewing them as opportunities to learn, adapt, and create innovative solutions that pave the way for success.
- Empower Personal Agency: Develop a mindset shift towards proactive decision-making and goal attainment, realizing that personal aspirations are attainable with determination and focus.
This Flagship Meeting is sponsored by Proggio.
Welcome to Proggio, the world’s most innovative Adaptive Project Portfolio Management solution that keeps projects and revenue running smoothly. It intuitively adapts to shifting needs and risks to enable operational excellence and cost savings, for every phase of a project, even when there are hundreds of them. More than a project management tool, its dynamic views, risk matrices and customizable workflows benefit stakeholders at every level, ensuring complete clarity and visibility in real time. Prepared for what’s now and poised to deliver what’s next, it's no wonder Pros use Proggio.
There will be an opportunity for participants to win a raffle item from Proggio.
This Flagship Meeting will also be sponsored by Facilitated Methods.
Speaker: James Walker
James Walker has spent over a decade of his career in assisting global organizations with their digital transformation initiatives. Known for his focus and commitment to achieving results, James helps organizations expand their modern work management practices to drive more efficiencies and support the corporate objectives for those that he serves.
As the SVP of Global Sales at Proggio, James is responsible for revenue, operations, and consulting practices globally. James takes great pride in investing into those around him; understanding that leadership is about getting results while developing people and being motivated by their success.
Speaker: Yasmine Buenaseda
Yasmine Buenaseda is a Los Angeles native, proud Filipino American, and Cal Poly Pomona graduate. As a former US Army Officer, she has faced adversity as a minority and woman, fueling her determination to succeed. Yasmine faced setbacks pursuing Special Operations, but she refused to accept defeat and learned that rules can be bent. Through empowering workshops, she will be sharing her story to inspire others and to redefine obstacles and take charge of their lives. As a woman leader and a single mother excelling in technology, Yasmine advocates for diversity and mutual support. She is excited to mentor leaders conquering diversity challenges and empowering them to embrace ownership.
- 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Registration and Check-in
- 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm: Networking, Dinner, Proggio Sponsorship Announcement, and PMI-LA Chapter Announcements
- 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm: Social Impact activity (build 200 hygiene kits for the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank)
- 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Proggio/James Walker’s presentation: What is a Visual-First Approach to Project Management?
- 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm: Yasmine Buenaseda’s presentation: Embrace Your Power, Own the Outcome
- 8:30 pm – 8:40 pm: Q&A
- 8:40 pm: Adjourn
- Dinner Buffet (catered from Cantalini's Salerno Beach)
- Gorgonzola Salad
- Eggplant Parmigiana
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- Baked Ziti
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Focaccia Freshlyl Baked Bread
Total of 2.0 PDUs will be awarded to the attendees, with the following breakdown:
- 1.0 PDU - Power Skills
- 1.0 PDU - Business Acume
No further action is required.
EARLY BIRD Pricing for Registrations BEFORE November 2, 2023 11:59 PM
- $35 for PMI-LA Members
- $40 for Non-Members
- $25 for Students and Military
Registrations AFTER the Early Bird Deadline
- $45 for PMI-LA Members
- $50 for Non-Members
- $25 for Students and Military
Students & Military:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your school or military ID number to receive a code for special pricing ($25)
4130 Overland Avenue
Culver City, California, 90230
Face masks are optional. The Chapter will have some available should you feel more comfortable wearing one.
Free Parking in the parking lot is limited, but side street parking is available. Please arrive early and carpool when possible.
Questions, Suggestions, Volunteer Inquiries
Contact the Programs Team at email@example.com
Upon participating in any PMI event, you are agreeing to allow PMI to use your likeness for use in its promotional material including their websites.
Postponement / Cancellation
Please refer to the Cancellation Policy section of the FAQ page
This event may be canceled or postponed by the Chapter, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
It is no longer possible to register for this event