INDUSTRY NETWORKING | Technology (with AITP-LA)
PMI-LA collaborates with AITP-LA for an in-person, informative, and engaging Industry Networking Meeting with a panel discussion of Chief Technology/Information Officers (CTOs/CIOs) to discuss the implications of emerging technologies and practices.
Since 2010, we’ve had wonderful CTO panels that focus on emerging practices and technologies that are having transformative and disruptive impacts. We cover what has changed for CTOs over the past 2 to 3 years and implications of these changes going forward. This is one of the most anticipated and well-attended events of the year, and this year will be no exception. We’ll hear from seasoned executives who will discuss trends that include:
- AI – ChatGPT, as a prime example of Generative AI, shows the incredible power of AI to impact many aspects of work and SaaS products. The excitement around AI has created an increased awareness of the importance of data and data engineering. There’s also a push for the technology function to own the analytics function.
- Remote Work – Technology leaders are finding themselves increasingly leading remote technology teams. Many workers prefer remote work and if companies are unwilling to offer this option, the talent is not interested in joining. But this presents big challenges in building culture in a remote distributed work environment. As leaders, we need to write a new playbook that engages teams in their own time, space, and medium. We must also re-think the composition, location, and purpose of on-site. We must focus more on building social capital in addition to work.
- Agile Development - There is an increased need for quicker turnaround on deliverables, especially for tools to support internal business processes. Technology leaders are seeing higher adoption of low / no code solutions among professional developers and business teams to support the business need to be agile.
- Product Management Integrated in Tech Organizations – There has long been a question of where does product management fit – inside or outside the technology organization. Technology leaders are seeing a transition of product management being inside their organizations. There are various reasons for this trend and several important implications.
This will be a fantastic conversation with many practical takeaways.
In addition to meeting new members and/or members who are currently or interested in working in the health care and technology fields, attendees will:
- Learn the implications of emerging technologies and practices in the workplace
- Learn how Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Generative AI have transformative and disruptive impacts in technology and business processes
- Learn how remote work has prompted change—requiring technology leaders to keep teams engaged in new ways
- Understand how the need for rapid development is driving agile processes, including increased adoption of low/no-code solutions
- Current professionals in the technology industry
- Aspiring professionals in the technology industry
- PMI-LA members and non-members
- AITP-LA members (see AITP-LA.org communications for Member pricing discount code)
- IMC-LA members (see IMC-LA communications for Member pricing discount code)
- All are always welcomed
Moderator: Tony Karrer
Tony Karrer, Founder & CEO of TechEmpower, Founder & CTO of Aggregage
Tony Karrer is a founder and consulting CTO at TechEmpower a leading web/mobile/software development company and founder & CTO of Aggregage, a fast-growing B2B media startup. Tony has worked with numerous startups as a part-time CTO including as the acting CTO for eHarmony for its first four years. In addition to working with startups, Tony has consulted on technology implementations for large companies including Credit Suisse, Citibank, Lexus, Universal Music, IBM, and HP. Tony is very active in the Los Angeles technology and startup ecosystem running the LA CTO Forum, the largest CTO group in the US.
Panelist 1: Mukund Kaushik
Mukund Kaushik , CTPO (Chief Technology and Products Officer) at Inspire Clean Energy
Mukund is a seasoned CTO who possesses an unwavering zeal for making a positive impact. His expertise spans software engineering, product management, and IT, converging with the overarching goal of enriching companies dedicated to global betterment. Mukund's leadership ethos is grounded in empathy and unwavering clarity of purpose, guiding his teams toward tangible, triumphant outcomes. Prior to his current role at Inspire, Mukund held senior leadership positions at CommonSpirit Health, Southern California Edison, Kimberly Clark and others.
Panelist 2: Goutham Balaraman
Goutham Balaraman, Chief Information Officer at Cartiga
Goutham Balaraman is an information technology executive with expertise in directing technology, product and analytics teams to lead digital transformation initiatives, deliver business value and nurture an innovation first culture. His primary area of business expertise is in supporting niche financial services sectors, encompassing mortgage, personal and commercial loans, investment management, and litigation finance. He believes in a servant leadership style and strives to build a collaborative culture. Prior to his current position at Cartiga, Goutham held senior positions at Loan Depot, Numerix and Intercontinental Exchange.
Panelist 3: Itsik Figenblat
Itsik Figenblat, CTO of Rain - Transforming Industries Through Innovation
With an extensive background spanning over 25 years in leadership and development, Itsik Figenblat has been at the forefront of cutting-edge advancements in financial and digital media technologies. As the CTO of Rain, a dynamic and rapidly expanding Series A (116M) startup in the HrTech/FinTech sector, he drives innovation in the Early Wage Access (EWA) domain, empowering individuals to attain financial liberation. Throughout his impressive career, Itsik spent two decades at Yahoo, where he held pivotal roles, including Vice President of Core Platforms, Yahoo! Search Marketing, Yahoo Display Advertising, and Yahoo Infrastructure as a Service. Prior to his tenure at Yahoo, Itsik's expertise shone brightly through his contributions to Fox Sports / Sameday and Geoworks, where his engineering and strategic insights played a crucial role in shaping their success.
- 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Check in
- 6:00 PM - Networking with (1) adult beverage drink tickets
- 6:15 PM - Buffet served (Networking continues)
- 6:15 PM - 6:30 PM: Chapter Announcements
- 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM: Panel Discussion
- 7:30 PM - 7:45 PM: Q&A
- 7:45 PM - 8:30 PM: Networking
- Gorgonzola salad
- Chicken cacciatorre
- Baked ziti
- Roasted vegetable lasagna
- Eggplant parmigiana
- Focaccia bread
- Assorted Drinks
A total of 1 PDU will be awarded to the attendees, with the following breakdown:
- 1.0 PDU - Power Skills
No further action is required.
Each member may invite up to 1 (one) guest at non-member prices.
EARLY BIRD Pricing for Registrations BEFORE October 17, 2023, 11:59 PM
- $30 for PMI-LA Members, AITP Members and IMC Members (with discount codes)
- $35 for Non-Members
- $25 for PMI-LA Students
Registrations AFTER the EARLY BIRD Pricing (starting on October 18, 2023)
- $40 for PMI-LA Members, AITP Members and IMC Members (with discount codes)
- $45 for Non-Members
- $25 for PMI-LA Students
Students and Military Personnel:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Promo Code for special pricing if you are a non PMI-LA student or miltary personnel.
4130 Overland Ave
Culver City, CA 90230
Free Parking in the parking lot is limited, but side street parking is available. Please arrive early and carpool when possible.
Questions, Suggestions, Volunteer Inquiries
Contact Programs at email@example.com
Upon participating in any PMI event, you are agreeing to allow PMI to use your likeness for use in its promotional material including their websites.
Postponement / Cancellation
Please refer to the Cancellation Policy section of the FAQ page
This event may be canceled or postponed by the Chapter, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.